Bryan County Office
United Way Bryan County Office
United Way of the Coastal Empire in Bryan County is working to advance the common good by focusing on Basic Human Needs programs and services. The office and its volunteers manage the following programs and services to assist residents of Bryan county:
- Emergency Food Assistance: provides emergency and supplemental food to families in need through direct service and local church food banks
- Mobile Food Drives: pallets of canned goods and meat products bagged by volunteers and available for pick-up at our office sites
- SHEP (Special Health Enrichment Program)/Bonus Bags: provides a nutritious bag of groceries to food insecure senior citizens and disabled persons once a month
- Backpacks of Love: provides nutritious supplements of child-friendly, non-perishable food to children on weekends and holidays to reduce the effects of childhood hunger and promote the growth of healthy, strong minds and bodies
- SHEPherds Supper: provides nutritious home cooked meals prepared and delivered by volunteers to senior citizens and disabled persons in Pembroke every Thursday
- Transportation Assistance: provides gas cards or local transportation system vouchers to women and children in need; sponsored through the United Way Women’s Legacy Council
- Emergency Utility Assistance: provides families in need of monetary help with emergency gas, electric or water utilities
- Emergency Shelter and Service Referrals: provides assistance to those seeking emergency shelter or persons that are homeless
- VITA/EITC: provides tax preparation and filing by trained volunteers for Bryan County residents making less than $42,000 annually. This program helps to return the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) dollars to the community
- MELL (Medical Equipment Lending Library): loans medical equipment to people in need; equipment stored at First Baptist Church of Richmond Hill
- Haircuts from the Heart: provides vouchers from local hair salons/barbers for a free hair cut to people who are homeless or low income.
- Volunteer projects: sponsors quarterly Bryan County Volunteer Days through United Way HandsOn Savannah.
© 2015 United Way of the Coastal Empire. All Rights Reserved