United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives. We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays and paid vacation. Currently, we are looking for candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: Campaign Associate
POSITION SUMMARY: The Campaign Associate will implement strategies focused on generating revenue within assigned areas as well as the management of assigned programs. The associate will provide ongoing leadership and supervisory direction to Loaned Associates, volunteers and key projects necessary to ensure successful execution to achieve departmental goals.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage a portfolio of corporate, residential and education accounts to increase participation, average giving, leadership giving and overall year-round engagement with United Way
- Coordinate the Pacesetter Training and Company Campaigns with reporting for Kickoff
- Manage the Young Leaders Society Program
- Maintain accurate records and account data keeping current in your areas of responsibility
- Conduct presentations, training sessions and group solicitation meetings within companies and with volunteers
- Participate in departmental planning and executing fundraising strategies for broadening donor base and increased giving among current donors
- Identify, recruit, train and manage campaign volunteers in all your areas of responsibility
- Direct your volunteer teams in establishing an aggressive goal through the goal setting process and develop strategies to meet those goals
- Monitor all activity in assigned areas to assure adherence to timelines and reporting by tracking progress toward goals
- Manage your team of volunteers and Loaned Associates in meeting and completing deadlines on all campaign related items
- Manage your team of volunteers and Loaned Associates until delivery of all campaign dollars in your areas are audited based on projections and goals
- Provide staff support where needed, leadership to assigned volunteers and committees, and assist with special functions as necessary throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years professional fundraising experience in a non-profit
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in database management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary
- Strong public speaking skills
- Project management skills
- Volunteer management
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team member
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
POSITION TITLE: Events/Marketing Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: The events/marketing coordinator will assist in the planning and execution of various fundraising and special events that will further promote United Way in the community. The successful candidate will also provide support in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy to include organizational material, collateral development and digital/social media.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Coordinate planning and production of events, including managing event timelines and task lists; establishing goals, services required and fee schedules; arranging venues, catering management, staffing and all logistical aspects of events
- Work directly with vendors (hotel, caterers, artist, transportation) in negotiating and maintaining contracts
- Recruit, train, supervise and properly acknowledge volunteers and support staff required for successful execution of events
- Organize registration of event participants
- Monitor and prepare reports on revenues and expenditures to ensure cost effective events
- Write, edit and proofread compelling copy of various platforms, including web, print, scripts, presentations, etc.
- Design and produce communications materials, such as brochures, flyers, invitations, etc.
- Assist in coordination of marketing projects, including photo shoots, video production, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience in marketing or event planning preferred
- Excellent writing and editorial skills; Writing samples will be requested
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites software desired; Creative samples will be requested
- Professional experience with social media and email marketing tools
- Detail-oriented, well organized, high energy and outcomes driven
- Understanding of non-profit fundraising and sponsorship principles
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
POSITION TITLE: Information and Referral Specialist (Part-Time)
POSITION SUMMARY: The information and referral specialist will answers United Way 2-1-1’s Information and Referral line and provide appropriate referrals to callers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Use ReferNet to maintain accurate and complete call records for each call received
- Use active listening and interviewing skills while speaking with callers
- Implement programs operated by 211, such as utility assistance programs according to guidelines, including performing clerical duties related to those program
- Alert 2-1-1 director to significant barriers, changes, gaps, problems or issues in the delivery of the Information &Referral service
- Continue to pursue professional development including working with training materials, attending training sessions and conferences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a call center team
- Ability to work with people in need while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and professionalism while speaking with people from a variety of socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Use problem solving skills to help callers prioritize needs and find appropriate referrals
- Demonstrate and maintain proficiency in effectively using call center database software, computer hardware and telephone equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources and their availability and intake procedures
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
© 2015 United Way of the Coastal Empire. All Rights Reserved