JOIN OUR TEAM
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives. We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation.
POSITION TITLE: Part-time Receptionist
POSITION SUMMARY: United Way of the Coastal Empire’s Effingham Office is seeking an energetic, qualified candidate to fill the position of Receptionist. This part-time position will work Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma, business writing experience, and great interpersonal skills. This person must be willing to take initiative in a busy work environment. Duties include administrative work, client referrals, and staff support. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Elise Zielicke by August 11th at 5 p.m. No phone calls please.
This position is located in the UWCE – Effingham County Office, 711 Zitterour Dr., Rincon GA 31326
POSITION TITLE: Part-time Information Specialist
DEPARTMENT: United Way 2-1-1
United Way of the Coastal Empire is seeking a part-time Information Specialist in our 2-1-1 call center. The Information Specialist is primarily responsible for making referrals via telephone and internet to those in our community seeking human health services. An ideal candidate must exercise excellent listening, communication and problem solving skills, collect demographic information, survey a caller’s needs and be able to respond to callers in a professional manner as outlined by call center standards.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or higher education, excellent computer skills, some office experience, not-for-profit preferred. Call center experience is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
POSITION SUMMARY: A Sponsored Associate is an individual who is sponsored on a temporary basis to assist in the implementation of the annual United Way fundraising campaign from August through November.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain working knowledge of United Way and its funded programs.
- Contact and work with Employee Campaign Managers (ECM) within local businesses too: plan, organize, and conduct effective employee fundraising campaigns. This includes providing necessary materials and making public presentations to employee groups.
- Provide an informational program within each organization for the purpose of educating employees about United Way, funded programs, and services.
- Assume responsibility for achieving goals established by staff and volunteers.
- Maintain complete records on assigned accounts.
- Evaluate and recommend changes for future campaigns on assigned accounts.
- Attend scheduled meetings, trainings, and campaign related functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with many types of work styles
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including group presentations
- Ability to manage many projects at one time by prioritizing and planning
- Commitment to providing good customer service
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to represent themselves and United Way in a positive and professional manner
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite
- Develops public speaking, time management, leadership, and communication skills
- Networking with diverse members and leaders of the community
- Heightened appreciation for the role of volunteerism and making a visible contribution for the good of the community
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in fundraising, sales and/or marketing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, required automobile, and insurance
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Attend Training Week August 28 – September 1, 2017
- The job description for this position is an overview of responsibilities and is not meant to be considered all-inclusive.
- This is a full-time, temporary position from August 28 through November 21, 2017.
Send resume and cover letter to Julie Cyr. No phone calls, please.
POSITION TITLE: Director, United Way HandsOn Savannah (Full-Time Exempt)
DEPARTMENT: United Way HandsOn Savannah
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director is responsible in promoting professional excellence in volunteerism throughout the Coastal Empire. United Way HandsOn Savannah, a direct service of United Way, shares a mission to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities. United Way HandsOn Savannah strives to reach this mission by connecting individuals, families, corporate, and community groups to results-driven service opportunities; mobilizing community volunteers around National and International days of service; and promoting professionalism in Volunteer Administration by providing free training, consultation, and development opportunities for nonprofit professionals responsible for managing volunteers.
Agency & Company Relations: Manage outreach to non-profit agency partners and companies that operate in, or serve members of, one or more of the counties in the Coastal Empire community to create mutually beneficially business. Forms partnerships with non-profit agencies and companies in the community, through educational meetings and community projects.
Days of Service: Provide on-site leadership support to all coordinated days of service, including National/International Days of Service, Company Days of Service, Family Days, United Way Turkey Trot, and other special days of service.
Communication: Necessary to work with the United Way Marketing department to write press and media releases for all major events and days of service. Provide grant writing for the department for appropriate funding opportunities. Speak to community groups, non-profits, religious organizations, schools, and companies about volunteer management, recruitment, recognition, and training. Send out appropriate communications to non-profit agency directors during a natural disaster, Annual Volunteer Awards Celebration Luncheon, days of service, and other major events. Communicate internal volunteer opportunities to internal and external agency contacts. Provide project evaluation and reporting. Assist with social media site, blog, and website.
Volunteer Recruitment & Management: Prepare and execute recruiting strategies for engaging volunteers internal and external to the organization. Work with non-profit agencies, schools, companies, and community volunteers to educate them on volunteer recruitment policies and management policies. This will be completed through materials, project development, educational opportunities, speaking engagements, and technical assistance. Attend company projects, community meetings, and other public events, when requested and available. Co-manages the United Way employee volunteer opportunities with UW-HOS staff. Maintains monthly and yearly volunteer reports. Attends and recruits for volunteer projects at a large corporation in the Savannah area.*
Community Outreach: Completes community, volunteer, and media outreach at companies, volunteer fairs, community meetings, and special events. Works with UWCE and UW-HOS staff to engage with community members to identify and then address volunteer needs and opportunities. Includes presentations to the board of directors, civic clubs, schools, campaign meetings, company meetings, and other important meetings.
Volunteer Education & Training: Maintain a leadership role (treasurer) for the Coastal Empire Council of Volunteer Administrators (COVA) and/or for the Georgia Association of Volunteer Administration (GAVA). Be able to speak to groups regarding the importance and education aspects of volunteerism, volunteer management, and other topics, as needed. This may include creating presentations including local and national data, trends, and other important information.
Project Development: Plan and implement all large projects related to the United Way HandsOn Savannah department. Create correct purchasing documentation for all needed project items and follow up with vendors about delivery.
General Administration: Answer agency volunteer and company volunteer inquiries, messages, emails, and requests in a timely and service-oriented manner. Manage staff member(s) and/or interns in the United Way HandsOn Savannah department. Present information to United Way President and Board of Directors. Attend staff, manager, and board meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have knowledge of program/project management, customer-service, and volunteer management. Must possess a proven track record of event planning/management, volunteering, and an ability to communicate effectively to engage diverse audiences. Additionally, be committed to the mission of United Way of the Coastal Empire.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years’ experience in volunteer management preferred
- Event/Project planning experience and organizational skills with short and long term objectives
- Management and leadership skills in developing, directing, and evaluating staff and programs in line with the strategic plan/goals and objectives
- Building and motivating effective teams of diverse people
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a diverse pool of volunteers, service partners, and cultural and professional styles
- Website and social media experience required
- CRM Database management experience preferred
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Energetic, optimistic, and excellent customer-service skills
- Outstanding analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Creative, diplomatic, and collaborative individuals sought
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as needed
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Physically able to life materials in excess of 25 pounds
- Manage within high-stress environment to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. The job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties. You will be evaluated based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and others outlined by the President. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Send resume and a cover letter to Gregg Schroeder. No phone calls, please.