JOIN OUR TEAM
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives. We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation.
POSITION SUMMARY: A Sponsored Associate is an individual who is sponsored on a temporary basis to assist in the implementation of the annual United Way fundraising campaign from August through November.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain working knowledge of United Way and its funded programs.
- Contact and work with Employee Campaign Managers (ECM) within local businesses too: plan, organize, and conduct effective employee fundraising campaigns. This includes providing necessary materials and making public presentations to employee groups.
- Provide an informational program within each organization for the purpose of educating employees about United Way, funded programs, and services.
- Assume responsibility for achieving goals established by staff and volunteers.
- Maintain complete records on assigned accounts.
- Evaluate and recommend changes for future campaigns on assigned accounts.
- Attend scheduled meetings, trainings, and campaign related functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with many types of work styles
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including group presentations
- Ability to manage many projects at one time by prioritizing and planning
- Commitment to providing good customer service
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to represent themselves and United Way in a positive and professional manner
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite
- Develops public speaking, time management, leadership, and communication skills
- Networking with diverse members and leaders of the community
- Heightened appreciation for the role of volunteerism and making a visible contribution for the good of the community
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in fundraising, sales and/or marketing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, required automobile, and insurance
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Attend Training Week August 28 – September 1, 2017
- The job description for this position is an overview of responsibilities and is not meant to be considered all-inclusive.
- This is a full-time, temporary position from August 28 through November 21, 2017.
Send resume and cover letter to Julie Cyr. No phone calls, please.