JOIN OUR TEAM
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives. We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation.
TITLE: President & Chief Executive Officer
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The President & CEO is the leader of the organization, establishing a vision for Resource Development and Community Impact that is achieved through the efforts of a diverse team of high-performing leaders, staff, and volunteers. The President & CEO leverages the power of relationships and networks and works across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community. The President & CEO possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. The President & CEO is the steward of the UWCE brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation of United Way.
Resource Development – The President & CEO is charged to drive key results in fundraising; to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors and key leaders of prospective new corporate partners; to leverage personal and professional contacts and relationships into fundraising opportunities, and to promote a culture of fundraising.
Community Impact – The President & CEO is responsible for the overall impact of United Way of the Coastal Empire on the community, with particular emphasis on increasing its capacity to drive the impact agenda. The President & CEO works closely with the Board and Community Leaders to craft and adapt the strategy to achieve this increased impact, including raising the funds to support it.
Strategic Management – The President & CEO serves as the principal resource to the Board of Directors and its key committees and gives strong direction in policy formulation and interpretation. The President & CEO ensures coordination and alignment of all United Way activities to strategic direction in the areas of community impact, resource development, and staff alignment.
Organization Management – The President & CEO is accountable for building and leading high-performing teams, ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve organizational results. The President & CEO maintains accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors; and, assesses organizational capacity to implement strategies and identify gaps in systems and staffing; directly supervises Senior Leadership positions and establishes individual goals; works with the Chief Financial Officer to manage organizational spending, monitor budget compliance, and mitigate financial risks; and ensures that United Way of the Coastal Empire’s goals of inclusiveness and diversity among staff and volunteers are met.
Grow Business and Revenue: Possesses a high-level of business acumen and broad management skillset, is effective at generating and growing financial support for the organization. Is able to raise funds by effectively engaging and linking a variety of donors (individuals, corporations, major giving, and other segments) and volunteers to inform and contribute to advancing the mission.
Visionary: Has a clear vision for the organization, confronts the complex realities of the environment and simultaneously maintains faith in a better future, providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
Organizational Leadership: Demonstrates strategic leadership balanced with authenticity, respect for others, and trust building within the organization, with the Board, and stakeholders. Proactively drives an organization to a higher level of performance, efficiency, and growth through inspiring action and commitment for best results.
Influence in the Marketplace: Focused on growth, builds and cultivates a network of relationships, is influential and leverages United Way’s unique position to proactively increase visibility, reputation, and competitive advantage that generates interest, passion for investing in the community. Successfully navigates the complex dynamics of local, regional, and national environment.
EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. Master’s Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of progressive leadership experience in a community-based organization.
- Extensive experience collaborating externally with other philanthropic and community-based organizations, including working with executive corporate leaders in the community.
- Experience managing the financial performance and budget of an organization.
- Experience working with and managing a board of directors.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to identify and solve pertinent problems in both the organization and community.
Send resume and cover letter to Steve Pound. No phone calls, please.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director – Full-Time (37.5 hrs./week)
REPORTS TO: Area Director, Effingham Service Center
- Provide direct support to the area director
- Oversee administrative operations of Effingham Service Center
- Manage tenants and maintain leases at the Effingham Service Center
- Correspond and engage with Board members, program managers, employees, clients, and community
- Supervise hours and job performance of the receptionist
- Fundraise alongside area director, including pacesetter presentations, kickoff planning, and supervision of sponsored associates
- Screen and vet clients for WOMEN UNITED and Effingham Emergency Funds and coordinate projects with United Way agencies
- Supervise community service workers and volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in fundraising, public speaking, and administrative skills
- Well organized, strong attention to details, self-directed, and able to take initiative
Send cover letter and resume to Elise Zielicke. No phone calls, please.
REPORTS TO: Vice-President, Finance and Administration
DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Daily Cash Receipts – The accountant is responsible for reviewing the payments received and posting them into our pledge processing system daily. Some payments received require additional action and it is the responsibility of the accountant to notify the correct party.
- Miscellaneous Cash Receipts – In addition to the regular campaign cash receipts, there are also other (miscellaneous) receipts that need to be entered into the accounting software. These may be for rents, grants, and various others. These receipts are posted, reconciled, and closed allowing the entries to post to the bank and other affected accounts.
- Campaign Auditing – It is a major responsibility of the Accountant to audit campaign envelopes as received during the campaign each year. Each envelope is reconciled and preparation made for the data processor to enter campaign information. When necessary, the Accountant assists with posting of the campaign envelopes to keep activities current.
- Vendor Files – Vendor files are set up each year to house all check stubs, with supporting information attached, filed alphabetically. It is the responsibility of the Accountant to box files from two years ago for storage and prepare for the new year. Also, filing of all backup from each disbursement is part of this responsibility.
- Other Duties – Serve as a backup to the accounts payable and payroll function. Assist other Finance team members when necessary. Assist with other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- A minimum of three years accounting experience. A bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer operations with an emphasis in Word and Excel a must.
- Must be a quick learner in the computer software environment.
Send resume and cover letter to Melanie Jordan. No phone calls, please.