Women’s Legacy Council
United Way Women’s Legacy Council was founded to mobilize women to become powerful philanthropists through leadership, fundraising and advocacy. By leveraging skills, relationships and resources in support of United Way of the Coastal Empire, they make a profound difference in the lives of women.
Members of the Women’s Legacy Council contribute at a leadership level of $1,200 or more annually to United Way.
- Educating women about philanthropic involvement and leadership, defined in the broadest terms as investing time, talent and treasure in the issues they care most about
- Engaging more women in the work of United Way to transform our community
Transportation – It’s more than just a ride!
For many low-income women in our community finding dependable transportation is a major barrier. With rising unemployment, decreasing work hours and increasing bus fares, many families do not have enough income to pay for their daily transportation. This lack of dependable transportation is often one of the most significant barriers to finding and keeping employment and accessing other services, such as a local food bank, health services, childcare and life skills training programs.
Women’s Legacy Council is committed to raising awareness about the transportation issues facing low-income women and providing critical support to women who don’t have a car or other means to reach the services they need.
Give-A-Way donations will be used to provide funds for transportation and Chatham Area Transit (CAT) bus passes for women who are being served through United Way programs and services.
Through Women’s Legacy Council Give-A-Way, women have help going to work, getting to and from doctor’s appointments or accessing life skills training programs in the community. For low-income women, Give-A-Way can simply stretch their resources further.
Benefits of Membership:
- Network and meet with other business and community leaders who share a like-minded spirit of philanthropy through professional and social activities
- Recognition in the United Way Annual Report
- Opportunities to mentor others and empower the next generation
For more information, please contact Julie Cyr at 912.651.7714.
© 2013 United Way of the Coastal Empire. All Rights Reserved