Basic Human Needs
Providing fundamentals to those in crisis.
United Way remains committed to ensuring that people in our community who are experiencing crisis due to homelessness, financial distress or disaster will have their most basic needs met, including: food, clothing and shelter. Additionally, United Way is committed to helping those who would be most vulnerable during times of disaster to be prepared, so that they can keep themselves and their families safe.
For 2014, United Way will invest $877,000 in 9 programs and services to help our community respond to basic needs in times of crisis.
2014 Basic Human Needs programs:
- American Red Cross Savannah Chapter : Disaster Action Team
- American Red Cross Savannah Chapter : Disaster Preparedness & Relief for At-Risk Communities
- America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia : Agency Distribution
- America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia : Mobile Food Pantry
- Liberty County Manna House : Manna House
- Liberty County Manna House : Soup Kitchen
- The Salvation Army : Center of Hope Emergency Housing
- Union Mission, Inc. : Emergency Shelter
- United Ministries of Savannah : Emmaus House
© 2014 United Way of the Coastal Empire. All Rights Reserved