Health & Wellness
Improving health for all.
Within United Way’s four-county service area nearly 20% of residents have no health insurance coverage, nearly 25% of adults smoke and more than 30% are obese.
United Way is improving the overall health of our community by ensuring access to health care and supportive services for the under- or uninsured, promoting preventive health behaviors for all people, including self-management of chronic disease, by providing safety and relief for adult and child victims of violence or abuse and ensuring seniors and persons with disabilities are supported at home, work and in the community.
Data Sources: County Health Rankings Report; Annie E. Casey Foundation KIDSCOUNT
For 2015, United Way is investing $1,394,925 in 32 programs and services that are improving the health and well-being of low-income, under- or uninsured individuals and families, child and adult survivors of abuse, and frail seniors and persons with disabilities across the Coastal Empire.
- Abilities Unlimited, Inc.: Abilities Unlimited
- American Cancer Society: Patient Services
- American Red Cross Savannah Chapter: Living Prepared
- America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia: Brown Bag for the Elderly
- Atlantic Area Court Appointed Special Advocates, Inc.: Atlantic CASA
- CASA for the Ogeechee Judicial Circuit, Inc.: Effingham Court Appointed Special Advocates Program
- Coastal Children’s Advocacy Center: Forensic Interviewing and Crisis Intervention
- Eastside Concerned Citizens, Inc.: Health Day
- Effingham County Victim Witness Assistance Program, Inc.: Empowering Victims of Violent Crime
- Faith Equestrian Therapeutic Center, Inc.: Therapeutic Riding Program and Assisted Activities
- Greenbriar Children’s Center, Inc.: Family Outreach Counseling
- Greenbriar Children’s Center, Inc.: Youth Emergency Shelter and Residential Services
- J. C. Lewis Primary Healthcare Center, Inc.: J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center
- Jewish Educational Alliance: Senior Citizen Health & Wellness
- Living Independence for Everyone (LIFE), Inc.: Home Modification
- Lutheran Services of Georgia, Inc.: Family Intervention Services
- Mary Lou Fraser Foundation for Families, Inc.: Helen’s Haven Children’s Advocacy Center for the Atlantic Circuit
- Park Place Outreach, Inc.: Youth Emergency Shelter and Support Services
- Rape Crisis Center of the Coastal Empire: Rape Relief
- Savannah Area Family Emergency Shelter Inc.: Savannah Area Family Emergency (SAFE) Shelter, Inc.
- Savannah Association for the Blind, Inc.: Living Independence for Low Vision
- Savannah Speech and Hearing Center, Inc.: Audiology
- Savannah Speech and Hearing Center, Inc.: Speech Pathology
- Savannah/Chatham County CASA: Child Advocacy
- Senior Citizens, Inc.: Adult Day Care/Health
- Senior Citizens, Inc.: Comprehensive In-Home Supports
- Senior Citizens, Inc.: Senior Activity Center – Liberty County
- The Mediation Center of the Coastal Empire, Inc.: Empowering Families for Healthy Change
- The Mediation Center of the Coastal Empire, Inc.: Safe Separation Mediation Program
- Tri-County Protective Agency, Inc.: Housing Program
- Union Mission, Inc.: Road to Recovery
- YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc.: Adult Wellness and Chronic Disease Prevention
© 2016 United Way of the Coastal Empire. All Rights Reserved