JOIN OUR TEAM
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives. We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation.
Community Investments Director
Supports United Way’s community impact work by managing all aspects of the annual grant-making process. Monitors annual investments, including contractual agreements and funding compliance; facilitates progress reporting and data collection; assists in communicating United Way’s community impact progress to various stakeholders and constituent groups.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain standards of performance for United Way grantees
- Train and provide technical assistance to grantees
- Recruit, train, and provide technical assistance to volunteer evaluators
- Communicate programmatic and funding recommendations to governing committees and Board of Directors
- Communicate funding decisions and administer contracts to grantees; monitor performance and facilitate data collection and reporting throughout grant cycle
- Promote United Way’s community impact agenda through reporting and presentations
- Facilitate professional development and capacity-building opportunities for grantees
- Regularly engage constituents to evaluate United Way’s investments and processes, and related policies and standards
- Serve as staff liaison to standing board committee and sub-committees, as needed
- Represent United Way on task forces, coalitions, and other community-based workgroups
- Provide consistent, reliable communications and excellent relationship management services to grantees and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required and two years of nonprofit work experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and strong organizational capabilities. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead diverse teams. Must work well in collaboration with others, demonstrate initiative and a passion for United Way’s mission to improve lives. Candidate must also have demonstrated experience in managing budgets, fund distribution, and data analysis. Valid driver’s license, as some travel is required.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on education and experience, plus a comprehensive employee benefits package, including health and dental care insurance, 403b retirement plan, holidays, and paid leave.
APPLICATION PROCESS: United Way is an equal opportunity employer. A pre-employment background check is required. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.