JOIN OUR TEAM
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives. We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation.
Position Summary: A Sponsored Associate is an individual who is sponsored to assist in the implementation of the annual United Way fundraising campaign on a temporary basis from August through November.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain working knowledge of United Way and its funded programs.
- Contact and work with Employee Campaign Managers (ECM) within local businesses to plan, organize, and conduct effective employee fundraising campaigns.
- Provide an informational program within each organization for the purpose of educating employees about United Way, funded programs, and services. This includes providing necessary materials and making public presentations to employee groups.
- Assume responsibility for achieving goals established by staff and volunteers.
- Maintain complete records on assigned accounts.
- Evaluate and recommend changes for future campaigns on assigned accounts.
- Attend scheduled meetings, trainings, and campaign-related functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with many types of work styles
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including group presentations
- Ability to manage many projects at one time by prioritizing and planning
- Commitment to providing good customer service
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to represent themselves and United Way in a positive and professional manner
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite
- Develops public speaking, time management, leadership, and communication skills
- Networking with diverse members and leaders of the community
- Heightened appreciation for the role of volunteerism and making a visible contribution for the good of the community
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in fundraising, sales and/or marketing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, required automobile, and insurance
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Attend Training Week August 27 – August 31, 2018
Employment Classification: Temporary, full-time. This is a temporary position from August 27 through November 19, 2018.
The job description for this position is intended to provide an overview of responsibilities and is not meant to be considered all-inclusive. Please send a cover letter and resume to Julie Cyr. No phone calls.